Friday, August 7, 2009

Lab Results

I just heard from Chloe's G.I. Doctor and he had some good news about her lab tests. The results showed no allergy, infection or injury of any kind. After this test and G.I. study, we have it narrowed done to a muscular problem. This means that the muscles that help you keep your food down have intermittent relaxations that allow the digestive acids from her stomach to come up into her esophagus. Dr. Sullivan said he feels fairly confident that she will outgrow this. Please pray that is the case. At the end of the year we are going to try again to take her off her medicines and see what happens.

Unfortunately there is bad news, which is that if she does not outgrow this she would require a rather serious surgery. I pray we don't have to go that way and I am trying to keep that thought out of my head right now.

Thanks for all your concern.

1 comment: