Monday, August 3, 2009

Chloe is doing well.

Chloe had her endoscopy done this morning and she is doing just fine. I was very nervous about it, but the doctor assured me it was a quick and painless procedure. But I was still very uptight. We arrived at 8am this morning and we went right in, no waiting. Several nurses and the anesthesiologist greeted us right away and got everything moving. I was dreading the I.V. being put in, but they were so fast and good at it. As soon as it was in, they gave Chloe a muscle relaxer. That had to be THE FUNNIEST THING I have ever seen in my ENTIRE life. I did cry today, but not because I was scared, but because I laughed so hard. Chloe was awake, but totally stoned. She kept looking at us with lazy eyes, opening her mouth a bit, and gave us a HUH HUH HUH. Almost like, "ha ha ha, your so funny looking right now, I see 3 of you." She had all the assistants laughing as well.

So then we walked out and headed to the waiting room. Afterward they told us that she was a fighter and they had to give her an extra dose to get her asleep. I could of told them that! Chloe never goes down without a fight! The procedure was very quick and the doctors and nurses involved were all really great.

The doctor told us that he doesn't think there is any type of infection which is good. He did see that her esophagus wasn't in very good shape from all the acid production. He took a biopsy and sent it to the lab and that will tell us if she has some kind of allergy that could possibly be causing this. We should hear something in about a week and then we'll go from there.




The worst part of the whole thing was Chloe coming out of the anesthesia. She was not happy as she was waking up. It took a good 30-45 mins or so for her to wake up and then she was really, really cranky on and off for the rest of the day. It was fun!


1 comment: