Friday, July 24, 2009

Doug and Emma's Wedding at USNA


We haven' t been to a wedding at USNA since we were married their 7 years ago. When Doug and Emma sent us a save the date card we marked it on our calendars and made a hotel reservation. Yes, I left Chloe for the first time overnight. Only because it was with my parents and I know she is comfortable with them at their house. I am no wedding photographer, but here are a few pictures from the ceremony.

This is the Ann Taylor dress I finally settled on wearing and the shoes I had to have Chad pick up at Tysons Corner on our drive up to MD. I had such a hard time finding shoes that went with this dress. The darkest color in the dress is a gray/brown color called sable. Only Ann Taylor had shoes in that color. I tend to make this mistake often. I buy a cute outfit and get it home and realize I have no shoes to go with it, so it sits in my closet until I find something. Then I never feel like I have things to wear because I don't complete my outfits. I think I need to start my outfits from the feet up. Pulling "the look" all together is not my strong suit.



My Norfolk Friends, Susan and Christine

Susan and Tony

Our Crew

Bridesmaid dresses were deep purple with a tan sash.

Flowers were white with purple accents.

Cute little flower girl and ring bearer

Beautiful Bride Emma





LT. and Mrs. Martin



Chad's college roommate, Jeremy and his wife Dana

Welcome to the Navy!

After this we headed off to a fun reception at the DoubleTree Hotel. We had a really good time seeing everyone and catching up. We definitely decided that when Chad retires we want to settle in Annapolis. It has changed so much for the better. I got lazy and left my camera in the hotel room for the reception. And I only called to check on Chloe 1 time that whole night!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know Chad was roommates with Jeremy! I guess that is what happens when you come along last!

    ReplyDelete